The Personal Macro workbook is always in the XLSTART folder. Whenever it launches, excel always looks in this folder. As soon as the excel starts, any file stored here gets loaded.
Where are the Excel macros stored?
Every time you open excel, there’s a hidden workbook on your computer that opens in the background. VBA and macro tools can be found on the Developer tab, which is hidden by default, so the first step is to enable it. Show the developer tab is where more information can be found.
Where is my personal workbook in Excel?
- Navigate to your Excel Options (File tab >> Options)
- Click the Add-ins menu on the left-hand side of the dialog.
- In the Manage drop-down, select Disabled Items (last choice)
- Select Personal Workbook and click Enable.
- Restart your Excel Application.
When I used my keyboard shortcut, some of my favorite macros were not running in excel. I am here to tell you that there is a chance that they were not deleted as I later discovered that my macros were disabled during an excel crash.
How do I copy a personal Macro workbook to another computer?
- Open the VBA editor by pressing Alt+F11 .
- Find Personal.
- Click the Save icon in the toolbar to ensure that your latest changes are saved (Figure 136).
- Press Ctrl+G to display the immediate window.
- In the immediate window, type ThisWorkbook.
- Close Excel.
You need to save your file with a new name, send it to your co-worker, and drag modules from your workbook to their computer. If this computer does not already have a Personal.xls file in the Project Explorer, you can create one by choosing to record a new macro and specifying that it should be saved in Personal. If you want to see the modules entry, expand personal.xls in the VBA Project Explorer.
There is a way to copy the macros from your Personal.xls file to other computers. This is an excerpt from the book.
How do you copy an Excel macro from one computer to another?
You can drag and drop the modules from the file you opened to the Modules section in the data listing. The macros are copied from the original document to the new one.
How do I send an Excel macro to someone else?
- Write the macro to be shared in an empty spreadsheet. Click the “View” tab on the ribbon menu.
- Save the spreadsheet as an “Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook” file.
- Distribute the Excel workbook master file to those co-workers with whom you want to share the macro.