- Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft Account.
- Solution 2: Change the Diagnostics and Feedback and Settings.
- Solution #3: Turn On Microsoft Account Sync via Registry Editor or Group Policy.
- Solution #4: Sign in With Different Microsoft Account.
If you enable Windows 10 to sync your settings, you can have a consistent experience regardless of which device you use. Windows 10 can also sync other things, such as mouse or printer settings, depending on the device you are signing into. The prior settings are not carried over to the new device even though they have signed in using the same Microsoft account.
When Windows users log into the same account on multiple devices, this happens. Make sure that the feature is turned on on your computer before you attempt to fix your sync settings error. If your sync settings are turned on on both devices and you are signed into your Microsoft account, then this issue is more complicated than you think.
It will prompt you to use the Authenticator app or Phone Number when you click on it. Incorrect feedback settings are one of the main causes of sync problems.
If you have a sync problem, you should change the diagnostics and feedback settings. The third solution is to turn on Microsoft account sync through the registry editor.
Double click to open the group policy editor if you want to locate the policy Do not sync and open it. If you are an admin you can check the box that allows users to turn on sync.
If the problem still exists, you should log in with another Microsoft account. To fix this settings issue, you can download and install Microsoft’s Account Troubleshooter. You may not be able to sync your settings on Windows 10 if your registry keys are missing or corrupt. All system files are checked and repaired by the utility.
Wait until the whole process finishes and don’t press any key because the scans can take 30 minutes or more to complete. Make sure that you are running the latest Windows 10 updates on your computer if this is a problem for Microsoft. The tech giant rolls out updates to fix issues reported by users. Some users said disabling the software fixed the problem.
Why does Windows 10 SYNC not work?
Most sync problems are caused by wrong feedback and diagnostics settings. You should be able to sync your settings again once you change the feedback and diagnostics settings. The sync problem should be solved by changing feedback and diagnostics settings. This year
How do I fix sync issues on Windows 10?
- Open the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Windows 10.
- Open Sync Center. Category View.
- Select View Sync Conflicts from the menu on the left.
- Select a conflict from the list.
- Click Resolve.
- Select file version for sync.
How do I turn on Sync in Windows 10?
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Sign in with a Microsoft account and enter your account information. Move to step 5 if you don’t see that option.
- Click Sync your settings.
- Turn on the switch next to Sync Settings.
Windows 10 allows owners of multiple devices to keep their system preferences in sync. You don’t need to manually enter theme customizations, browser options, and other settings into all of your machines. If you don’t already have a Microsoft Account, we’ve got step-by-step instructions for you to make one. If you don’t want certain things to sync, disabling individual settings is the way to go.
Why is syncing not available for my Microsoft account?
It is not possible to sync because your Microsoft account is not verified. To resolve this issue, log into the Microsoft Account site at https://account.microsoft.com/ and check under Your info and Security tabs to verify your account is verified. To verify, click the link and go through the steps.
How do I resync my Microsoft account?
- Select the profile image in the browser taskbar.
- Select Manage profile settings > Sync > Turn on sync.
- Select Sign in and choose an account or enter your account details.
- Select Sync when you’re asked if you want to sync your account.
When you sign in to Microsoft Edge, you can easily browse the web from any of your devices, keep your favorites organized, and always pick up where you left off.
The help for the Microsoft Edge app can be found on this website. You are already signed in if you see the Manage profile settings. You can use this account to sync your browsing data across your devices. The Microsoft Edge app is available for both mobile devices.
How do I fix sync settings in Windows 10?
- Open Start, and then click on Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Under Accounts, click on Sync your settings.
- Check if Sync settings is turned On. If not, click on the switch to turn it on.
The background, colour, and lock screen on my Surface are different from my laptop, and won’t sync.