- Open Spotlight by pressing Cmd+Space.
- Type Activity Monitor.
- Select the application from the list.
- Click on the X in the upper left corner of the window.
- Click Force Quit to confirm that you want to quit the process.
The item can’t be moved to the Bin because it’s open. The item can not be moved to the Bin because it is open.
If you get an error in the image above, you have to uninstall the application. Move the file to the trash with Right click. Force quit the application if you go to the Activity Monitor.
How do I delete an app that is open?
- Select Start , then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article.
- Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
If you can’t find the program you’re looking for, you can try another location. Some programs built into Windows can’t be removed. Control Panel can be selected from the results in the search box.
How do I close an app completely on my Mac?
- Click on the name of the program just to the right of the Apple icon at the top left of the screen.
- Select Quit [program name] at the very bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Command-Q to close the program, as an alternative.
Many generations of Microsoft’s OS have taught PC users that clicking on the red X in the top right corner of the window closes a program. The Command-Option-W can be used to close all of the windows of an open application.
How do you quit an app entirely on a Mac?
The three keys are option, command and Esc. The Apple menu can be found in the top- left corner of your screen. Click it to access System Preferences, where you can find apps, documents, and other items. View information about your Mac, including its type of processor, and amount of memory. This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a computer.
How do I delete an app on my Mac that won’t go away?
- Press the Command + Option + Esc keys on your keyboard.
- You will see a box for Force Quit Applications.
- Once the app is closed, open the Launchpad, hold down the Option key, and click the X icon to delete your stubborn app.