- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and select Mail > Accounts.
- Choose the email account you want to remove.
- Select Delete Account.
- To confirm, select Delete Account or, in some cases, tap Delete from My iPhone.
The article explains how to remove an email account from the phone.
The instructions are the same for all recent versions of the Apple mobile operating system. Select the account you want to confirm from the menu. IMAP, POP, and Exchange, as well as accounts configured with automatic settings, will have all content wiped from the phone.
If the emails are deleted from the server and the messages are not saved anywhere else, this is the case. It is possible to turn off an email account on the phone, but not the calendar. You can receive and send messages from the account, but it is hidden from view and out of the way. To turn off automatic mail checking for an account on an Apple device, tap Select Schedule.
To hide an account’s inbox from the top of the Mailboxes screen, you need to use the Mail app.
How do I unlink email accounts from my iPhone?
- Settings. Mail. . If an app isn’t available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library.
- Tap. Accounts. .
- From the ‘ACCOUNTS’ section, tap an email account.
- Tap. Delete Account. (at the bottom; may require scrolling).
- To confirm, tap. Delete from My iPhone. .
How do I unlink my mail account?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap the Menu .
- Scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Tap the Gmail account you’d like to unlink from your other account.
- In the “Linked Account” section, tap Unlink account.
- Choose whether to keep copies of emails from the account.
If you have a Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail, or select non-Gmail account, you can use Gmailify to get many of its features. You’ll see all your messages in your Gmail inbox after you link your account, but make sure you’ve already added another account from Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail, or other service to read in Gmail.
You can open the Gmail app on your phone. If you remove copies from Gmail, they will still be in your other service. These actions won’t be reflected in your other account if you move or deleted them in Gmail.
Gmail may organize your messages differently than other email services.
Why can’t I delete an email account from my iPhone?
Profiles are added to your job or an app. You have to remove the email account before you can remove the profile. 2019.