How do I find a specific word in my documents in Windows 10? Go to the file explorer. Click on the search icon if you want to read the documents in the upper right. Then mark it so.25 mei 2017: if this answers your question.
How do I search for files containing a specific word or words?
- Open windows explorer.
- Using the left hand file menu select the folder to search in.
- Find the search box in the top right hand corner of the explorer window.
- In the search box type content: followed by the word or phrase you are searching for.(eg content:yourword)
It can be both time consuming and frustrating to try and find a document with certain words in it. You can find the folder in the Find the search box in the top right corner of the explorer window with the left hand file menu.
How do you search for a word in multiple Word documents?
- Open the folder you want to search in File Explorer, select the View menu and click the Options button.
- In the window that opens, click on the Search tab, select “Always search file names and contents” and click “OK”
How do I search for a word in Windows 10?
- Press Windows Key + E.
- Press Ctrl + F.
- Type in *cat* in the search field and press Enter. Just put your keyword between two asterisks [ * ] *cat*
I don’t know if the issue persists on versions other than 10, because I never used the search feature heavily on Windows 7. When I search for something, it only shows files at the beginning of a word or immediately after an underscore, which is a problem.
How do I search for text in a file in Windows 10?
Click the button or box on the Taskbar to type. Under the best match, click on indexing options. You can click Advanced on the indexing options dialog box. The advanced options dialog box has a file types tab. We want all the extensions to be selected. The year 2021.
How do I search files in Windows 10?
Right-click on the Start menu and choose File Explorer, then choose a location from the left pane to search or browse. Pick This PC to look in all devices and drives on your computer, or choose Documents to only look at files stored on the computer.