- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced. Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Under “Reset Settings,” click Restore settings to their original defaults. Reset Settings. Windows: Under “Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings.
Your bookmarks and passwords won’t be changed. If you’re still having problems, you might have a program installed that will change your settings on your browser.
Where is browser settings on a Chromebook?
Click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the browser window to find the option. To get the reset menu, start typing “reset settings” in your search box.
How do I reset my Chromebook to default settings?
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash. Continue.
- Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
- Once you’ve reset your Chromebook:
The files in the Downloads folder are wiped out during a factory reset. The factory reset won’t wipe out your files on the external storage device. You can’t reset it if you’re using it at work or school.
If you want to wipe the data on your Chromebooks, please ask your administrator. Make sure to sync your information and settings to your account before you reset. Press and hold on for a while. Select to restart.
Where is browser settings?
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Customize and control Google Chrome. icon.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Settings.
Privacy options, security settings, search engine preferences, autofill and autocomplete behavior, and more can be changed in every internet browser.
In the upper-right corner is where you can change the icon. The menu icon is located in the upper-right corner of the browser window. The Command +, (comma) shortcut key combination can be used to access the settings.
The settings and more icon can be found in the upper right corner of the browser window. The More icon can be found in the upper-right corner of the window.
How do I reset my browser settings?
Under Microsoft Edge there is a link to the Advanced options. Click the reset button on the Microsoft Edge settings page if you scroll down. In the pop-up window, click the reset button.