- Click on the Windows Menu, also known as the Start Menu.
- Type Software Center.
- Click Software Center app. Software Center opens. The Applications menu item is highlighted with available apps listed to the right.
OIT uses Software Center to deliver applications, software updates, and Branch upgrades to Managed University Windows devices. The internet connection is required for the software center to function.
The Cancel button can be used if you start the installation in error. The Cancel button can be used if you uninstall the application in error.
It can take up to 3 hours for a feature update to be installed. Changes to a device can occur during a maintenance window. The maintenance window is set by the IT office if the device is not centrally supported.
Business hours are the times when a user does their work. To find the earliest and latest hours that you use the computer, use the Business Hours: From and through the drop-down menus. You can set an update time after your business hours with the notifications.
If you don’t pay attention, your device will install updates and restart unexpectedly, which could result in data loss. You can open an incident with the Computer Management team if you have an error.
How do I pull up the software center?
- Open the Start Menu and scroll down to “Microsoft System Center”.
- Then launch “Software Center”
- Optionally, you can double-click the Software Center system tray icon in the Task Bar.
How do I manually run SCCM client?
- Login to the computer with an account that has admin privileges.
- Click Start and run the command prompt as administrator.
- Change the folder path to SCCM client agent install files.
- Run the command – ccmsetup.exe /install to manually install the agent.
In this post, I’ll show you how to install SCCM on your computer.
The client agent can be copied from the primary server to the destination computer. SCCM client agent install files can be changed.
The command download needed files to install the client from a source location. You need to review the SCCM log files for client agent installation.
How do I open the Software Center in Windows 10?
- Click the Windows button at the bottom left:
- Type “Software Center” in the search box, the select “Software Center” from the menu as seen in the picture below:
- This will open the Software Center as seen below.