- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
How do I start my computer in Safe Mode when F8 doesn’t work?
You can enter Safe Mode by pressing the F4 key or number 4 key. If you want to enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt or with Networking, you can press the corresponding key.
How do I fix Windows not starting in Safe Mode?
You can type msconfig in the open box if you press the Windows logo key and R. You can select the boot tab. Under the options, make sure to clear the Safe boot option.
How do I start my computer in Safe Mode manually?
- If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
- If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.
Default settings and basic device drivers can be eliminated if there is a problem when you start in safe mode.
How do I start my computer in Safe Mode with Windows 10?
Go to the Choose an option screen and select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. There should be a list of options after your computer restarts. In Safe Mode, select 4 or F4 to start your computer. In 2021.