The Chromebook is in developer mode when you press the Ctrl+D key. The keys can be pressed even if the beep is produced. It may take a little while to prepare the system for use after you enable the developer mode.
How do I enable developer mode when my Chromebook is blocked?
Press ctrl and d. If you press space, you will put you in developer mode, and if you press enter, you will not turn it off. You will be put off of the domain by the restart of your Chromebook.
How do I force developer mode?
The developer mode gives you access to the developer shell. If you want to open it in the browser, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+T key.
How do I enable developer mode on a Chromebook without resetting?
- Turn off your ChromeBook.
- Holding Esc + Refresh (F3) buttons while pressing Power button. Then release Power Button.
- Your screen will display Recovery screen. Here, press Ctrl+D to turn on Developer mode. Then wait for couple of minutes.
Users and developers can access the code behind the Chrome Operating System and load their own builds in the Chrome OS Developer mode. You can install dual-boot or another Linux system that runs parallel to the chrome OS in this mode.
How do I put my Chromebook in developer mode without wiping?
- Boot your Chromebook into recovery mode by holding the Esc and Refresh (the circular arrow) keys while pressing the power button.
- Press Ctrl + D on your keyboard when asked to insert recovery media.
- Press Enter to confirm.
This guide should be helpful if you bought a new Chromebooks on Black Friday or are considering doing so. You have deeper access to the OS if you enable developer mode, which is similar to rooting your phone.