- Log into your Chromebook using the current owner account.
- Open Settings > Advanced > Reset settings.
- Click Powerwash. Click Restart to confirm.
- When your Chromebook restarts, log in using the new account that you want to make the “owner” of this Chromebook.
Use the current owner account to log in.
The only way that Chrome OS provides to change owner account is through factory reset, but it may not be the best solution for now. Chrome OS is different from other operating systems and can be set up quickly after a reset. How To Factory Reset a Chromebook is a guide from Chrome Story. When you sell your device, you can use this method when you hand over your Chromebook to a family member.
You will need to contact your Chrome OS administrator if you want to change your owner.
How do I get rid of managed by Administrator on my Chromebook?
Select the profile you want to remove from the sign-in screen. The profile name should be next to the Down arrow. You can remove this user. You can remove this user in the box that appears.
How do I delete the owner on a Chromebook?
Go to your browser and log in. You can put the clock on the shelf. You can select the gear you want. The hard drive can be erased if you choose Reset in the Powerwash section.
How do I remove my primary account from my Chromebook?
- Go to Settings of ChromeBook.
- Click on the Advanced drop-arrow to reveal further options.
- Now, select the Reset Settings.
- Hit the Reset button.
- This will remove all user accounts and rest Google Chrome devices just like a new one.
The problem with the design of the Chrome OS is that you can’t remove the owner of the device completely without resetting it. We use the Google account to sync our data on multiple platforms. In the left side panel menu, select the security option and then click on Manage Devices.
You will be able to see all the login devices with the help of the Chrome OS. The users want to remove the owner account before handing over the Chromebook to someone else.
How do I get rid of managed on my Chromebook?
You can’t remove the management of the Chromebook if it’s issued by a school. There are no ways to do things. It is not possible to be done. If you signed on with a managed account, then management has taken over your Chromebooks.